A HISTORY of LEHIGH COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA Published by James J. Haurer 1902
Weisenberg Township is bounded on the northwest by Lowhill township, southeast by Upper Macungie township, northwest by Lynn township, southwest by Berks county. Population, in 1900 was 1366. The surface hilly and broken, the soil is gravel. The following streams drain the township; the Jordan Spring, Shaffer's run, Hass, Lyon, Willow, Weiss, Holben, Switzer and Silver creeks. Farming manufactories is the principal pursuit, of the people. The first settlement was made in 1734, in the vicinity of the Ziegle's church, by people from Palatinate and Switzerland.
Ziegle's church was founded in 1744; and Rev. Jacob Schertlein, was the first Lutheran minister and Rev. P, J. Michael, was the first Reformed minister. Weisenberg church in the northwest corner of the township was founded in 1754; Rev, Jacob F. Schertlein, was the first Lutheran minister; Rev. R, Kidenweller, was the first Reformed minister.
The first schools were established as soon as the first settlements were made. The schools of the township are making the same progress as in the surrounding townships.
VILLAGES --Seipstown, founded in 1820, contains a store, hotel, church and post office. Population, in 1900, was 200. Hynemansville, founded in 1740, is in the central part and contains a store, hotel and post office. Population, in 1900, was
100. Seiberlingsville, founded in 1790 and contains a store, hotel and post office,
Population, in 1900, was 120. New Smithville founded in 1812 and contains a store, hotel and post office. Population, in 1900, was 130. Werley's Corner, founded in 1838 and contains a store, hotel and post office.